| Click on "►" to expand:|
 BRAND NAMES
- Inhalation : Atrovent HFA
- Inhalation solution:Atem (Italy), Atrovent
 MECHANISM OF ACTION
Anticholinergic (parasympatholytic) agent, it prevents the increases in intracellular concentration of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cyclic GMP) that are caused by interaction of acetylcholine with the muscarinic receptor on bronchial smooth muscle, inducing bronchodilatation.
Indicated for the prevention of bronchospasm associated with COPD, bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Ipratropium bromide inhalation solution: 1 Unit-Dose Vial (500mcg) administered three to four times a day by oral nebulization
- Inhalation: Two inhalations four times a day. Do not exceed 12 inhalations in 24 hours
- Hypersensitivity to ipratropium bromide, atropine or any of its derivatives.
Use with caution in patients with with glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, urinary retention or bowel obstruction.