Flunisolide (Inhalation suspension)
| Click on "►" to expand:|
 BRAND NAMES
- Italy: Assolid, Flunitop, Forbest, Lunibron, Nebulcort, Nisolid.
 MECHANISM OF ACTION
Airway inflammation is an important component in the pathogenesis of asthma.
Flunisolide is an inhaled glucocorticoid, it works in the air passages of the lungs by reducing inflammation and keeping the airways open, making it easier to breathe. Glucocorticoids have multiple antiinflammatory effects, inhibiting both inflammatory cells and release of inflammatory mediators.
- Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in adult and pediatric patients 6 years of age and older
Nebulized flunisolide solution (2mg/2ml for adults and 1mg/2ml for childrens)
- Adults: 1 mg twice a day
- Childrens: 20 µg/kg twice a day
- Hypersensitivity to Flunisolide.
- Active or quiescent pulmonary tuberculosis. Bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
- Generally contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation
 PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Flunisolide nebulized solution is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy. In the further period and during breastfeeding the product should be administered only in cases of real need and under the direct supervision of a doctor.