From Drugs Prescribing Information
| Click on "►" to expand:|
 BRAND NAMES
 MECHANISM OF ACTION
Dabigatran is indicated to reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (FDA)
- For patients with CrCl >30 mL/min: 150 mg orally, twice daily.
- For patients with CrCl 15-30 mL/min: 75 mg orally, twice daily
- Active pathological bleeding
- History of serious hypersensitivity reaction to Dabigatran
- Mechanical prosthetic heart valve
 WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Risk of bleeding: Dabigatran can cause serious and, sometimes, fatal bleeding. Promptly evaluate signs and symptoms of blood loss.
- Bioprosthetic heart valves: Dabigatran use not recommended
 PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
 SIDE EFFECTS
Most common adverse reactions (>15%) are gastritis-like symptoms and bleeding