From Drugs Prescribing Information
 BRAND NAMES
 MECHANISM OF ACTION
Cefdinir is a third-generation oral cephalosporin antibiotic. (See Cephalosporin mechanism of action)
- Otitis media
- Soft tissue infections
- Respiratory tract infections, including sinusitis, strep throat (note: no documented resistance of Group A Streptococcus to penicillin has ever been reported, and penicillin or amoxicillin is the first line treatment)
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute exacerbations of bronchitis
- Iron supplements and iron-fortified foods reduce absorption of cefdinir by 80% and 30%, respectively.
- Plasma concentrations of cefdinir may be reduced by coadministration with antacids.
 PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
 SIDE EFFECTS
Side effects include diarrhea, vaginal infections or inflammation, nausea, headache, and abdominal pain.